Sunday, July 4, 2010

Evan week 2

We are approaching Evan's 2 week brithday and I am pretty sure I have officially transitioned into newborn fatherhood.  I didn't really realize the transition was complete until literally a few minutes ago when I discovered the following things had happened to me in the last 14 days:
1)  I have been peed and pooped on by another person.  If I was ten years younger and said that someone peed on me the other night there is a good chance that it was because I was at a party and a friend got really drunk and decided to piss on me.  How ever at this point it just means that I wasn't quick enough getting the diaper over him and the sprinkler came on.  The poop thing is something only new parents can understand so all of you expecting parents get ready.
2)  I have been spit up on.
3)  I have gotten used to having morning breath.  I am not saying I don't brush my teeth, but after 14 straight days of waking up in the middle of the night and being up and active for about 20-30 minutes each time gets you used to the fact that you might not be able to wake up right away and brush your teeth.
4)  My wifes boobs are not for me.  While she may not be breast feeding she is pumping and feeding Evan breast milk so every 2 - 3 hours she hooks herself up to her pumps and produces food for my son.  When the blog started months ago I spoke about how I wasn't allowed to touch them, now that I can (sort of) I can't help but see them as more than toys for me.
5)  This is the one that started me thinking about this blog - I have had bed head for the last two days.  Why is that you might ask?  I woke up yesterday, put a hat on and went to work, came home and have not brushed my hair.  More telling though however is the fact that I have not showered in those two days either.  I normally shower every night before bed, however over the last two weeks I have found that when there are periods of time lasting longer than 20 minutes I try to take advantage and rest or hop on facebook, help my wife with some cleaning or sit and stare off into space. 
My life has changed quite a bit over the last two weeks and I wouldn't change it for the world.  I am now blessed with my son.  My relationship with my other kids is even stronger and the relationship I have with my wife is now even better.  We are working more as a team to get things done and make sure the kids are receiving the amount of attention they each need.
Well, I am off to wash away the last two days worth of baby pee, poop and spit up.  Hope everyone state side had a greath 4th and hope everyone else out there had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment