Monday, July 26, 2010

What the hell were we thinking?

Hey everyone, I know it's been awhile but things here have been crazy! Suprise suprise right?  We have four kids ranging from 14 to 5 weeks so it's shocking I haven't had time right?  Anyway, since I last wrote a few things have happened here in Crazy Land and the first of which is we found a house!  Finally everyone will have their own space and best of all, it's three floors and the teenage girls from hell have the top floor, which requires opening two doors to get to.  Please don't think I dislike my kids I just am a big fan of Louis C.K.  (if you don't know him search Youtube) and his bluntness about his kids is something I think is funny as hell.  Anyway, so we are moving into the house on September 1st and any and all volunteers in the area are welcome and will be rewarded with a BBQ the weekend after we move in.
Event #2 was Evan's Dr. appointment this morning - he is 5 weeks old, weighs 10lbs and is 22 and 1/4 inches long.  According to the Dr. he is "Perfect".  Next time we go he will be getting two shots, one in each leg and Mommy was already weak in the knees at the thought so it should be interesting.  I won't lie, I hate... no no no, I loathe needles so I am sure this won't be easy for me either.
Finally, after we went to the Dr. we needed to run some errands so we decided it would be a good idea to pick up all the kids and bring them with us.  Which leads me to the title of this post "What the hell were we thinking?!?"  We have four kids which can be a bit overwhelming.  I realize there are some of you out there with more kids or more younger kids but this was our first official trip out of the house, to somewhere other than a relatives house with the 4 of us.  We got inside Target and it was like they were shot out of a canon, or so it seemed.  I guess in reality they were well behaved but we were greatly out numbered.  At this point there are now two kids to every one adult in our family and it is starting to scare the crap out of me.  In fact, if not for the fact that in the next 4 to 5 weeks we are going to be packing up and moving all of us into a new house I would probably be breathing into a brown paper bag. 

1 comment: